We understand the importance of intelligent transportation systems (ITS) and its diverse applications. ITS systems can provide:
- Measurable benefits to travelers.
- Help minimizing traveler delay with reliable real-time route information.
- Real-time data collection to help respond to traffic conditions.
- Notifications regarding weather, incident, planning, and roadwork.
Our vast experience with ITS includes:
- Leading plan development, design, and construction of ITS elements.
- Reviewing plans.
- Developing Concept of Operations and stakeholder involvement for various ITS deployments.
- Assisting in evaluating the use of probe data.
- Evaluating Major ITS Deployments following the Federal Highway Administration’s Systems Engineering process.
- Network plan development and design.
- Ramp meter inspections and retiming evaluations.
ITS elements we have designed and for which we provided construction oversight include:
- Adaptive Signal Control (ASC).
- Dynamic Part-Time Shoulder Use.
- Underground infrastructure and fiber optic/wireless communications.
- Full matrix color dynamic message sign (DMS) boards.
- Bluetooth detectors.
- Closed-circuit television cameras (CCTV).
- Microwave detection.
- Portable changeable message signs (PCMS).
- Ramp meters.
- Lane-use Control Signs (LCS).