Website Terms and Conditions of Use
The following states the terms and conditions under which users may use this website. Please read this information carefully. If a user does not accept the terms and conditions stated here, please do not use this website. Users should visit this section of the site periodically to review these terms and conditions.
Material on this website is solely for the personal, noncommercial use of the users. Users must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original material on this site on any copies of this material that they make. Strand has no actual knowledge of copyright and trademark infringing material on this site or is it aware of any extenuating circumstances that would indicate the current presence of such infringing material.
The material on this website may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors and Strand makes no representation or warranties, expressed or implied, about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the material or about the results to be obtained from using this website and the material therein. Use of the website and the material therein is at the user’s own risk. Changes are made to the website and may be made at any time
Strand does not warrant that this website will operate error-free or that this website and its server or any servers linked to are free of computer viruses and/or other harmful goods. If use of this website results in the need for the user to obtain service for or replacement of equipment or data, Strand will not be responsible for those costs. Furthermore, Strand will not be liable for any damages, including incidental and consequential, lost profits, lost bids, or damages resulting from business interruptions resulting from use or inability to use the website and materials therein, and whether or not Strand is advised of the possibility of such damages. Strand, to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaims all warranties, including warranty of merchantability, non-infringement of third parties’ rights, and the warranty of fitness for a particular purpose.
Strand will not sell, trade, or rent personal information provided by users of this website. However, any communications posted to the website by users will be considered non-confidential and in the public domain. If users have materials that they do not wish to be in the public domain, they should not post or upload that material to this website. Furthermore, users that do post or upload to this website warrant that to the best of their knowledge that those materials posted/uploaded do not contain copyright or trademark infringing or defamatory material.
Links to Other Sites
This website contains links to third-party websites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to users and in no way should be considered as an endorsement by Strand of the content of said sites, nor does Strand make any representation about the content, accuracy, merchantability, or non-infringing nature of the material on these sites, nor did or does Strand monitor or review the content of these sites. Furthermore, Strand does not have actual knowledge that these sites linked to contain infringing material or is it aware of circumstantial evidence that would lead it to believe that a linked-to site currently has such material.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
Policy – Strand operates this website in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). It is Strand’s policy to terminate, at its discretion, users who violate Strand’s website legal policy and/or terms and condition of use, as contained herein. Furthermore, should Strand’s designated DMCA agent receive a take-down notice/notice of infringement, Strand or its agent will:
- verify that said notice meets the requirements of a proper notice, per the DMCA.
If the notice is proper, then Strand or its agent will:
- remove the material alleged to be infringing.
- take down the link to the site alleged to contain infringing material.
If the material in question was posted/uploaded to Strand’s website by a user of the site, Strand or its agent will:
- inform the user who posted/uploaded said material that said material or link has been taken down.
- if a proper counter-notice is provided by the party accused of providing the alleged infringing material, Strand or its agent will notify the third party claiming infringement and provide them a copy of the counter notice.
- if after 10 business days following Strand’s or its agent’s receipt of the counter notice and the third party alleging infringement has not subsequently brought a claim against the alleged infringer, then Strand, at its discretion, may restore the material in question to its site.
Contents of a Proper Notice of Infringement/Counter Notice – As it is Strand’s policy to comply with the DMCA as well as the spirit of the Act, following are the elements of a proper notice of infringement or counter notice, per the DMCA.
- Identification of the copyrighted work in question (not necessary in a counter notice).
- Identification of the material or link to material alleged to be infringing and where it is located on Strand’s website. (In the case of a counter notice, where said material was located on the site.)
- A statement that the third party alleging infringement has a good faith belief that the use of the material in question is not authorized by the copyright holder. (In the case of a counter notice, statement that user has a good faith belief that the material removed or unlinked was done so as a result of a misidentification of said material as infringing.)
- Information sufficient to be able to contact the third party alleging infringement. (In the case of a counter notice, information sufficient to contact provider of alleged infringing material.)
- A statement that the information in this notice is accurate.
- Signature of person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright holder of the material in question. (In the case of a counter notice, signature of provider of alleged infringing material.)
Designated DMCA Agent – The contact information for the agent designated by Strand to accept and respond appropriately to take-down notices/notice of infringement is:
Howard L. Isnor
910 West Wingra Drive
Madison, WI 53715
Users of this website are to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Strand, its officers, employees, and agents from and against any claims or demands, including reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from user’s use of the material on this site or user’s breach of the terms and conditions of this policy. Strand will make a reasonable effort to provide notice to user(s) of any such claim and may, at its discretion and at the user’s expense, assist in defending against such claim.